Thursday, July 7, 2011

God as my Savior...

This is a rather personal post as to the fact that God has been putting me through a rather hard trial lately. I also have had temptation of things from my past that I gave up, but are being put in my mind. I have resisted, but not without deep prayer. I have not studied my Bible this hard in a long time. I'm trying so hard to learn/see/reach the goal/lesson God is trying to teach me. I have not prayed so hard that I can truly think of.

I went to work today and talked to my boss, who is also an elder at our church. I wanted to talk to him because of his stronger walk with God than mine. Don't get me wrong, I love and trust God with all my heart, but sometimes the trials make me feel like I'm being dragged through the mud. He said that I need to make a plan (with Kris) and stick to it. He also said that I should get a "spiritual buddy" which is like a military battle buddy. I loved this idea and decided that (with the help of Mike) that Miranda would be my choice. She is close to my age and she is a good friend and she has been in my shoes. I thank you both so much for all your love and friendship. It means so much to me.
So I just always have to remember that God will give me the tools for what I need to do, that he will never give me more than I can handle, and he puts people in my life to help me along the way. God loves me, being one of his many children. I am glad he is in control of my life. Though I seem to fight for control alot. He is always patient with me and so I have to be patient as well.

"Brothers and sisters, be patient until the Lord comes again. A farmer patiently waits for his valuable crop to grow from the earth and for it to receive the autumn and spring rains. You, too, must be patient. Do not give up hope, because the Lord is coming soon. Brothers and sisters to not complain against each other or yhou will be judged guilty. And the Judge is ready to come! Brothers and sisters, follow the example of the prophets who spoke fot the Lord. They suffered many hard things, but they were patient. We say they are happy because they did not give up. You have heard about Job's patience and you know the Lord's purpose for him in the end. You know the Lord is full of mercy and is kind." James 5:7-11

No comments:

Post a Comment