Sunday, December 16, 2012

Friday Features...


First:
Tragedy is been in the news far to often these past few months. With some of these things my Faith is shaken. I have to sit and ask God what it is all for. I know He has a plan and though the pains of this world are tragic and, what we feel, unneeded, He uses them all for a greater good.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."- James 1: 2-4 ESV

Though in the most recent tragedy involved mostly small children, God knew what He was doing. We may not like it or understand it, but have to have Faith and believe that God is always in control. I am glad to know that through my own prayers, I am more understanding of what God has in his plans and I know that NO ONE is in control, that only He shall know everything and control everything in this world.

I know there will be people who disagree with what I am saying and that is to be expected. There are people who will say "If He is a lovely God, how could he let something like this happen to such innocent small children??" But He is a lovely God and there is a reason for everything.
I also have a strong stance that outlawing guns for the general public to own will be disarming the people for protecting themselves from the criminals that mean to harm them. I do NOT advocate violence in any way. I think violence is the last resort to any situation. But I don't think you should take guns away from people because of psychos that want to go around harm the innocent. As many people say and I know it's cliche but "guns don't people, people kill people". You don't have to have a gun to kill someone, you can use just about anything. Guns are just convenient and easier to use. I just hope that (knowing that there will never be peace as history can prove, because the world is full of sin) there can be more done to protect the innocent.
So tonight go and give an extra tight hug to your family, young or old, tell them you love them, kiss them even if they're sleeping, because you don't know God's plan for you! 

 Photo of children Courtesy of RIP Sandy Hook Elementary Victims facebook page. I do wish they had the photos of the teachers to also put faces with my prayers but as of right now they do not. 

Second:
 The end of the world. So the Mayans predicted that today the world would end. Of course it didn't. Here is why:
" "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." Matthew 24: 36

Third:
 Killer Karaoke: This show is so super hilarious. It's karaoke with a super funny twist, they have to sing while being "tortured". Steve-o, from Jackass, is the host. I can't get enough.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment